The third ruler of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Saqr Bin Zayed Al Nahyan was the brother of Sultan bin Zayed bin Khalifa Al Nahyan, who, before being killed, had ruled Abu Dhabi from 1922 to 1926. He was the uncle of Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan and Shakhbut bin Sultan Al Nahyan. The members of Al-Bu Shaar section of the Al Manaseer had attempted to assassinate him in 1928 which had failed eventually but he was assassinated later.
|Real Name||Sheikh Saqr Bin Zayed Al Nahyan|
|Father||Zayed bin Khalifa Al Nahyan|
Family & Children
His children included, Ahmed bin mohammad bin Zayed bin Saqr Al Nahyan, Saqr bin mohammad bin Zayed bin Saqr Al Nahyan, Khalid bin Zayed bin Saqr Al Nahyan, Mohammad bin Zayed bin saqr Al Nahyan and Fatima bin Zayed bin Saqr Al Nahyan (wife of Sheikh Humaid bin Rashid Al Nuaimi).
Some Unknown Facts
- His mother was Sheikha Salama bint Butti
- Sheikh was succeeded by Shakhbut
- His approval of Ras Al Khaimah joining the UAE contingent was made on the promise by Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan of Abu Dhabi
- His grand father was Sheikh Zayed bin Khalifa Al Nahyan also known as Zayed the great.
- The eldest son of Zayed bin Khalifa named Khalīfah Āl Nahyān was brother of Sheikh Saqr.