Ravil Maganov, a well-known businessman and executive, is a prominent figure in the world of oil and gas. As the Chairman of Lukoil, one of the largest oil and gas companies in Russia, Maganov’s name is synonymous with success and wealth. In this article, we will dive into his net worth in 2022, exploring how he became one of the richest oil tycoons in the world.
Ravil Maganov Obituary: Death Cause
The news of Ravil Maganov’s death has been widely circulated on the internet, and condolences have been pouring in from various social networking sites. People are curious about his family and the extent of his wealth following his demise.
Ravil Maganov’s career in the oil industry began in 1993 when he joined PJSC Lukoil as an oil operator. He steadily climbed the ranks and was appointed as the chairman of the board in 2020, after successfully leading the Langepasneftegaz production association.
The 67-year-old had been receiving medical treatment at the Central Clinical Hospital in Moscow before news of his death was announced on the internet. In an official statement, Lukoil confirmed that Maganov passed away due to a severe illness.BBC The firm also expressed their appreciation for his exceptional talents and achievements during his thirty-year tenure at Lukoil.
As we mourn the loss of a distinguished figure in the oil industry, let us remember Ravil Maganov for his significant contributions and leadership. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and loved ones during this difficult time.
Ravil Maganov Biography
- Ravil Ulfatovich Maganov was a prominent figure in the oil and gas industry.
- He held various positions in Lukoil, one of Russia’s biggest oil companies, since he joined the company in 1991.Wikipedia
- Maganov served as Deputy Chairman, Executive Director, Member of the Management Board, and First Executive Vice President for Exploration and Production.
- He was also a Member of the Company’s Board of Directors since 1993 and a Member of the Strategy and Investments Committee.
- Maganov was instrumental in the growth and success of Lukoil’s oil production, refining, and exploration.
- He was known for regularly participating in meetings at the Russian Energy Ministry with other oil companies ahead of OPEC+ meetings.
- In 2019, he received the Order of Alexander Nevsky from Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- Before joining Lukoil, Maganov was the CEO of Langepasneftegaz, where he worked as the Chief Engineer and Deputy General Director.
- He graduated from the M. Gubkin Moscow Institute of Petrochemical and Gas Industry (currently known as Gubkin Russian State University Of Oil and Gas, Moscow) in 1977.
- He was recognized as a Distinguished Oil and Gas Specialist of the Russian Federation and received three orders and three medals.
- Maganov was also a three-time winner of the RF Government Prize in Science and Engineering.
Ravil Maganov Family Facts Following The News Of His Death
- Following the tragic news of Ravil Maganov’s passing, there has been limited information about his family.
- It is understandable that they have not made any public statements as they have had no prior contact with the media, and we respect their privacy during this difficult time.
- It is known that Nail Maganov, the CEO of Tatneft, is Ravil’s brother and was appointed as the chairman after Ravil’s passing.
- Nail joined Tatneft in 2013 and holds a bachelor’s degree from IM Gubkin Russian State Oil & Gas University and a master’s degree with honors from Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas.
- Aside from Nail, no other members of Ravil’s family have made any public appearances.
- It is possible that he had children and grandchildren, but there has been no mention of them regarding his passing.
- It is understandable that they may be in a difficult situation, and we offer our condolences to them during this trying time.
- As we continue to remember and honor Ravil Maganov’s legacy in the oil industry, let us also keep his family in our thoughts and prayers.
Maganov’s Early Life and Education
Maganov was born into a family of farmers in the Republic of Bashkortostan. After completing his secondary education, he went on to study at the Ufa Oil Institute, where he earned a degree in drilling engineering. He later received a PhD in technical sciences from the Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas.
Also Read: Brittney Palmer Bio: Family, Husband & Net Worth
Ravil Maganov Career Journey
- Ravil Maganov had an illustrious career in the oil industry, having joined Lukoil soon after its inception in November 1991.
- He was a trusted confidant of one of Lukoil’s founders, Vagit Alekperov, and was credited with proposing the name “Lukoil” for the company.
- Over the years, he held several management positions, including vice president of oil production in 1994 and first executive vice president in 2006.
- During his tenure, he oversaw Lukoil’s oil production, refining, and exploration activities, and regularly attended meetings at the Russian Energy Ministry with other oil companies prior to OPEC+ meetings.
- His contributions to the industry were recognized in 2019 when he was awarded the prestigious Order of Alexander Nevsky by Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- In 2020, he was appointed chairman of the board of directors, cementing his status as one of the industry’s most influential figures.
Also Read: Who Are Couples That Are Still Together From My Mum Your Dad?
Ravil Maganov (Chairman of Lukoil): Net worth 2023
As of 2023, Ravil Maganov’s net worth is estimated to be around $500 USD.Newsunzip This makes him one of the richest oil tycoons in the world. Maganov’s wealth comes primarily from his holdings in Lukoil, as well as from other business ventures and investments.
Vagit Alekperov, the President of the company, has an astounding net worth of $14.4 billion, despite Lukoil’s current value of $4,744 billion. This indicates that the company has generously compensated Maganov, allowing him to live a comfortable and happy life.
Despite his success, the company’s stock price plummeted by 95% as a result of international sanctions imposed in response to the Russian invasion of Ukraine in 2022.
Maganov’s journey to becoming the Chairman was a result of his skills in management and his significant contributions to the Russian oil and gas industry.
Under his leadership, Lukoil went from being a small oil production company to becoming one of the most successful energy companies in the world in a relatively short period of time. His achievements have been recognized with several national honors, including a medal for lifetime achievement presented to him by President Vladimir Putin in 2019.
Ravil Maganov: Family & Educations Details
Ravil Maganov was born to his father Ulfat Maganov, who was a senior engineer at the Almetyevsk field and geophysical office of the Tatneftegeofizika trust. He graduated from the Moscow State University of Oil and Gas in 1977.
His younger brother, Nail Maganov, is a businessman and politician who currently serves as the head of the Russian oil producer Tatneft. However, there is not much information available about Ravil Maganov’s family.
Unfortunately, Ravil Maganov passed away on Thursday after falling from a hospital window in Moscow. The circumstances surrounding his fall are unclear, but Russian state news agency TASS reported it as a suicide.
Maganov had been admitted to the hospital after suffering a heart attack and was taking anti-depressants.
Read More: Who Is Deshaun Highler From Last Chance U Basketball? Facts To Know