Ravi Pillai, the Chairman and MD of RP Group of Companies, is Ravi Pillai. He is known as the “Ambani” of the Gulf. Ravi Pillai, the founder and MD of the construction giant Naseer S Al Hajri Corporation, based in Bahrain, is well-known. Pillai is the largest Indian worker in Saudi Arabia, with more than 60,000 employees. His fortune is $2.4 billion and includes stakes in hotels chains and the petrochemical industry. This makes him the 32nd richest Indian.
Ravi Pillai Biography/Wiki
Ravi Pillai was born in Chavara village, Kerela, on September 2, 1953. He is from a farming family. He received his bachelor’s degree from a local college. Pillai holds a post-graduate business administration degree from Cochin University.
Ravi Pillai has two children and is married. He visits the Tirupati temple in Andhra Pradesh every single year because he has a religious bent. Ravi Pillai was awarded the Padam Shri in India by the Government of India (2010) and the Pravasi Bhattiya Samman (2008). He has been awarded a doctoral degree by Excelsior College in New York.
Ravi Pillai Career
Ravi Pillai, a student at the Cochin University, started his own chit funds company by borrowing Rs 1,00,000. He saved the money and reinvested it. Pillai founded his own construction business. He was able to secure a contract with Vellore Hindustan Newsprint Factory. Due to labour issues, he had to close his unit.
Pillai moved to Saudi Arabia where he started both a construction and trading business. His own construction company, Naseer S Al Hajri Company(NSH), was established quickly.
Dr. Ravi pillai pascal Gauv, The construction industry flourished as NSH began to bag large contracts like hanger construction for a French airline company. The Royal Terminal was another major project. It was worth $50 million. In the 1980s, the NSH reached new heights when it entered the oil sector and into the refineries. Pillai, a strategist, hired a Korean employee to help him secure several oil refinery contracts. He also invested in malls, hotels, and other businesses. He purchased shares in the Leela Resorts of Kerela.
Facts About Ravi Pillai
- Ravi Pillai, an Indian-born farmer, emigrated to Saudi Arabia after his small business in construction in Kerala went bankrupt.
- He started over with the help of a local partner who was well connected and made his RP Group a $7.8 million (revenue) construction giant.
- Construction magnate, who has made a fortune in the Gulf, has returned home to invest, acquiring stakes in real estate, banks and hotels.
Ravi Pillai Recognition and Awards
- Pillai was honored with an honorary doctorate at Excelsior College in New York and was awarded the Pravasi Bharatiya Sanman by the Government of India.
- In 2008, he was included in the Republic Day honours lists for civilian honours of Padma Shri.
- Arabian Business ranked him fourth in the Middle East as the most powerful Indian in 2015.
Ravi Pillai Personal Life
|Real Birth Name||B. Ravi Pillai|
|Editor Nick Name||Ravi Pillai|
|Date of Birth||2 September, 1953 (Wednesday)|
|Age (2021)||68 Years Old|
|Place of Birth||Kollam, Kerala|
Ravi Pillai Family
|Wife||Geetha Ravi Pillai|
|Son||Arathi Ravi Pillai, Ganesh Ravi Pillai|
Ravi Pillai Net Worth
Ravi Pillai has a Net worth of 100 Crores approximately.
His Primary Income source is Entrepreneurship (profession). He has investments in several business ventures.
He is a share holder in best companies of India.
Ravi Pillai Phone Number & other Contact Details
|House Address||Kerala, India|
|E-mail id||[email protected]|
|Office Address||Sreevalsam, Thevalley, Kollam-691009|
Disclaimer: Contact us if you find some information irrelevant since the data is from various sites.