Krishnam Raju: Death And Obituary What Is The Reason Behind His Death? Dies At 83
Uppalapati Krishnam Raju, a former Union minister and seasoned actor, passed away recently. The minister passed away on September 11, 2022, leaving his loved ones and well-wishers in a state of profound mourning. Krishnam was receiving treatment, and despite receiving the greatest care available, the physicians were unable to save his life, according to hospital sources. At the time of his passing, he was 83. His passing has now broken everyone’s hearts, and they are turning to social media to pay him their final respects. Check the cause of his death here.
He was admitted to a private hospital on August 5, 2022, according to reports. It is said that he had post-Covid-19 illnesses. He served as the Union Minister of State and was a two-time Lok Sabha member during the Atal Bihari Vajpayee administration. In more than 180 films, Raju, also known as the “Rebel Star,” portrayed rebellious characters and established new benchmarks for the genre. He made his acting debut in the Telugu movie “Chilaka Gorinka” in 1966. He won numerous awards and accolades for the various parts he played in movies.
- 1 How Did Krishnam Raju Die?
- 2 Short Biography
- 3 Information about diseases, illnesses, and deaths
- 4 Political Life
- 5 Krishnam Raju Biodata and Biography
- 6 Krishnam Raju Awards, Honours, Achievements
- 7 Interesting Facts & Secrets About Krishnam Raju
- 8 Awards
How Did Krishnam Raju Die?
Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao released a statement lamenting his passing. KCR declared that Krishnam Raju’s departure is a significant loss for the Telugu film industry. Over the course of a fifty-year career, Krishnam Raju played the hero in a number of movies and gained followers as a “Rebel Star” due to his unusual acting style. Raju served the country’s citizens as a member of the Lok Sabha, a Union Minister, and in the sphere of political administration, the Telangana Chief Minister added.
Telangana BJP leader Bandi Sanjay Kumar released a statement in which he expressed his organization’s sorrow at the passing of the former minister, saying that his passing is painful and a significant loss to the BJP’s Telugu film industry and supporters. Raju was being treated at the AIG Hospitals and was hospitalised on August 5 for post-Covid problems, according to a statement. According to reports, the minister had serious pneumonia. According to reports, it was brought on by severe infective bronchitis and bacteria and fungi that were antibiotic resistant.
In addition to these issues, Krishnan Raju also experienced rhythm issues at the time of his hospital admission. He has been treated with ventilator support since being admitted. Reports show that he died on September 11, 2022, at 3:16 AM as a result of heart arrest while receiving the proper treatment and attentive monitoring. He had suffered from acute pneumonia and its sequelae.
As Uppalapati Venkata Krishnam Raju, Krishnam Raju was born on January 20, 1940 in Mogalthur, Madras Presidency, British India (now in West Godavari, Andhra Pradesh, India). He was an Indian actor, producer, journalist, and politician best known for his work in Tamil, Kannada, and Hindi films as well as Telugu cinema. Tandra Paparayudu, Manavoori Pandavulu, and Rangoon Rowdy are some of his best-known films. He held the position of Union Minister from 30 September 2000 to 22 May 2004.
Information about diseases, illnesses, and deaths
Krishnam Raju passed away in Hyderabad, Telangana, India, at the age of 82. He was admitted to the Asian Institute of Gastroenterology in Hyderabad due to lung-related problems. He passed away in the hospital on November 9, 2022, following a severe heart arrest.
On a Congress ticket, he ran for office from Narasapuram in a failed 1992 election. He returned to politics after a brief dormancy after accepting an offer from the Bharatiya Janata Party. In Kakinada, he won the 1998 Lok Sabha elections. With a staggering majority of more than 165,000 votes, he set a record and won a seat in the center with the largest margin of victory over any other candidate in Andhra Pradesh. During the years 1998 and 1999, he served on the advisory panels for the Ministries of Information, Broadcasting, and Commerce and Industry.
- 1998 Elected to 12th Lok Sabha
- 1998-99 Member, Committee on Commerce Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- 1999 Re-elected to 13th Lok Sabha (2nd term) Whip, B.J.P. Parliamentary Party, Lok Sabha
- 1999-2000 Member, Committee on Finance Member, Committee on members of parliament Local Area Development Scheme
- 2000 Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- 30 September 2000- Union Minister of State, Ministry of External Affairs 22 July 2001
- 22 July 2001- Union Minister of State, Ministry of Defence 30 June 2002
- 1 July 2002 – Union Minister of State, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food onwards and Public Distribution
Krishnam Raju Biodata and Biography
|Name||Uppalapati Venkata Krishnam Raju|
|Nick-name||Krishnam Raju, Rebel Star|
|Date Of Birth||20 January 1940|
|Date of Death||11 September 2022|
|Age||82 Years (as in 2022)|
|Place of Death||AIG Hospital, Hyderabad|
|Profession / Occupation||Actor, Politician, Journalist, Photographer (Telugu)|
|Height / Weight||5′ 8” / 65kg|
|First Movie||Chilaka Gorinka (1966, Telugu)|
|First Debut Movie||Chilaka Gorinka (1966, Telugu)|
|Father||Veera Venkata Satyanarayana Raju|
|Brothers||U. Suryanarayana Raju (Younger) (Producer)|
|Wife||Seetha Devi (Died)
Shyamala Devi (m.1996)
|Daughters||Sai Praseedha, Sai Pradeepti, Sai Prakeerti|
|School||St. Patrick School, Chennai|
|College / University||MSR College, Hyderabad|
Krishnam Raju Awards, Honours, Achievements
|Rashtrapati Award||1977: Best Acting for Amara Deepam
1978: Best Acting for Mana Voori Pandavulu
|Filmfare Award South||1977: Best Acting for Amara Deepam
1984: Best Acting for Bobbili Brahmanna
1986: Best Acting for Tandra Paparayudu
1988: Best Acting for Antima Teerpu
|Nandi Award||1977: Best Acting for Amara Deepam
1984: Best Acting for Bobbili Brahmanna
|Lifetime Achievement Award||2012: TSR TV9 National Awards
2015: Zee Telugu Award
2015: Gulf Andhra Musical Awards (GAMA)
|TSR TV9 National Award||2015 – Legend Actor of Silver Screen
2016 – 5 Decades Star Award
Interesting Facts & Secrets About Krishnam Raju
- He was born into a Telugu Hindu family in Madras Presidency, British India.
- He was married twice.
- Before entering Telugu cinema, he worked at the Andhra Ratna as a journalist.
- As a journalist, he was awarded the 2nd best photographer at the state level.
- He made his acting debut in Kotayya Pratyagatma’s Telugu film Chilaka Gorinka in 1966.
- He was the founder of the Gopi Krishna Movies, a film production house.
- He made his production debut with the Telugu film Krishnaveni in 1974.
- He entered the political party INC (Indian National Congress) in 1992 from the Narasapuram constituency.
- He joined BJP in 1998.
- He was elected to the 12th Lok Sabha from Kakinada and became the MP.
- On 30-09-2000, he became the Union Minister of State.
- He was last seen in the Telugu film Radhe Shyam in 2022.
Filmfare Awards South
- Best Actor – Telugu – Amaradeepam (1977)
- Best Picture – Manavuri Pandavulu (1978) (award share with Jayakrishna)
- Best Actor – Telugu – Bobbili Brahmanna (1984)
- Best Actor – Telugu – Tandra Paparayudu (1986)
- Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award (2006)
|1977||Amara Deepam||Shri Krishna / Hari|
|1984||Bobbili Brahmanna||Brahmanna / Ravi|
Best Character Actor
|1994||Jailor Gaari Abbayi||Jailor Chakrapani|
- 2014 – Raghupathi Venkaiah Award
TSR TV9 National Awards
- 2012 – Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2015 – Legend Actor of Silver Screen
- 2016 – 5 Decades Star Award
Zee Telugu Awards
- 2015 – Lifetime Achievement Award
Gulf Andhra Musical Awards (GAMA)
- 2015 – Lifetime Achievement Award