Kapil Sharma Bio
Kapil Sharma is a well-known comedian, film and TV actor, TV host, TV producer, and singer from India. He was born on April 2, 1981, in the Indian city of Amritsar, Punjab. He is very well known because he hosts the most popular TV show, “The Kapil Sharma Show.”
Kapil Sharma went to school at Shri Ram Ashram Sen School and got his diploma there. He also got his high school diploma from Amritsar Hindu College. Hansde Hansande Raho, a comedy show on the H-1 TV channel, was the start of his career. But “The Great Indian Laughter Challenge,” a comedy sitcom, gave him his biggest break.
Kapil Sharma won this show in 2007, and he got a trophy and 10 Lakh. People in India liked Sharma because of the show The Great Indian Laughter Challenge. After he had the most success, he was in a Sony TV show called “Comedy Circus.” Kapil won this Comedy Circus show every time it was on.
Kapil Sharma decided in 2013 to put on his own comedy show called “Comedy Nights with Kapil.” The show was made by K9 productions. The show was shown on Colors TV and was a huge success. “Comedy Nights with Kapil” became the most watched comedy show in India. Kapil Sharma became India’s most famous comedian because of how much people liked this show. In the Lok Sabha elections of 2014, Kapil was chosen as the brand ambassador for Delhi. In the first episode of Season 8 of KBC in 2017, he was a star guest on this show.
Kapil Sharma and Karan Johar were both hosts for the 60th Filmfare Awards in the same year. Kapil Sharma played the lead role in Abbas Mustan’s movie “Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon,” which was the start of his acting career. Kapil Sharma was in the top 100 of the list of Indian stars made by Forbes in 2012. He was in the news for his bad behavior with co-star Sunil Grover, and everyone had something negative to say about Sharma’s bad behavior. In 2018, he came back with “The Kapil Sharma Show,” which is a comedy show.
Ginni Chatrath was a well-known social media personality and model who was in a relationship with Kapil Sharma. On December 12, 1988, the two got married. They are going to have their first child.
|Date of Birth||2 April 1981|
|Age (as of 2022)||41 Years|
|Birthplace||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|School||Shri Ram Ashram Sen. Sec. School, Amritsar|
|College||Hindu College, Amritsar
Apeejay College of Fine Arts, Jalandhar
|Debut||Film Debut: Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon (2015)
TV Debut: Hansde Hansade Ravo (2006)
|Family||Father- Jeetendra Kumar Punj (worked as head constable in Punjab police)
Mother- Janak Rani
Brother- Ashok Kumar Sharma
Sister- Pooja Sharma
|Address||Sardar Vallabbhai Patel Nagar, Versova, Mumbai|
Kapil Sharma Career
Sharma became well-known after he won the comedy reality TV show The Great Indian Laughter Challenge in 2007. He got INR 10 lakh as a prize.
He had been on the MH One show Hasde Hasaande Ravo, which was in Punjabi.
Sharma said he moved to Mumbai so he could become a singer.
He was on Sony’s Comedy Circus, and he went on to win the show six times.
He was also the host of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Season 6 and Chhote Miyan, both comedy shows.
Sharma appeared on the show Ustaadon Ka Ustaad in 2008 as a contestant. He was a contestant on Zee TV’s singing reality show Star Ya Rockstar in 2011. He came in second place. Kapil got his own show, Comedy Nights with Kapil, on Colors TV in 2013. It was made by his company, K9 Productions.
Sharma was given the Indian of the Year award for entertainment at the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year awards in 2013. The award was given to Sharma by veteran actor Amol Palekar.
He did live stage shows in Oman in the same year.
During the 2014 Lok Sabha Elections, the Delhi Election Commission made him the Brand Ambassador.
Sharma and Karan Johar both hosted the 60th Filmfare Awards in 2015.
During the fourth season of the Celebrity Cricket League in 2014, he was the show’s host.
He was a guest on the first episode of the eighth season of the Indian game show Kaun Banega Crorepati and also on The Anupam Kher Show.
In 2017, he was a guest on the show Koffee With Karan.
Education from Kapil Sharma
He went to school at Shri Ram Ashram Senior Secondary School and Hindu College, both in Amritsar. He has a Bachelor of Arts from Hindu College in Amritsar and a diploma in Computer Applications. He also has a Postgraduate Diploma in Commercial Arts from Apeejay College in Jalandhar, according to reports. He used to direct plays to make money on the side while he was in college. He had also won a national award in theater and received a scholarship.
Awards and accomplishments for Kapil Sharma
- Kapil won the Best Actor Comedy award at the India Television Academy Awards in 2012.
- Forbes India magazine put Kapil at number 96 on its list of the top 100 celebrities in India in February 2013. In December 2013, Forbes India put him at number 93 on its list of the top 100 celebrities in India.
- Our Prime Minister Narendra Modi started the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan in 2014. He chose Kapil Sharma to educate the public about sanitation, cleanliness, and other health-related social issues. Later in 2015, our late President Pranab Mukherjee invited him to the Rashtrapati Bhavan to thank him for his show’s commitment to the cause.
- On The Economic Times’ list of the Most Admired Indian Personalities for 2015, he was named the third most admired Indian person.
- Ormax Media said that Kapil was the most popular Indian television personality in 2016.
- In 2016, Forbes India put him at number 11 on their list of the 100 most famous people in India. In 2017, Forbes put him at number 18 on the same list.
Kapil Sharma Net Worth
Kapil Sharma is a comedian who is very well-known in India. His magic art makes millions of people smile, and people learn to laugh out loud. Kapil is also a good actor, a good host, and a good singer. Kapil was the host of many popular shows, such as “The Kapil Sharma Show” and “Comedy Nights with Kapil.”
Kapil Sharma also has a lot of brand endorsements, and each one costs him Rs. 1 Crore. Kapil Sharma charges Rs 30-35 lakh per episode because he plays different characters.
Some things you might not know about Kapil Sharma
- Kapil came from a lower middle-class family and had no background in entertainment. He had to work hard to get roles that were worth his time.
- For extra money while he was getting his degree at Apeejay College of Fine Arts in Jalandhar, he used to direct plays. He also won a theater award at the national level and had a scholarship.
- In the beginning of his career, he made the minimum wage, and he even did comedy without getting paid. He has also worked in a PCO, a cloth mill, and even picked up soft drinks to make money.
- Cancer took the life of his father in 2004. He didn’t have the money to take an acting class, but because of how good he was, many places paid for him to take one.
- Kapil says that his mother, who has been his biggest source of inspiration, taught him how to be funny.
- When he was in his early 20s, he got his start in acting as a theater artist. Kapil Sharma in younger days
- His first love was singing, and it was singing that brought him to Hollywood.
- In the audition round of “The Great Indian Laughter Challenge 3,” he was turned down at first, but he got a call to come back, and in the end, he won the competition.
- He won 10 lakh (INR), which he used to pay for his sister’s wedding, which was the most expensive one in his family. Kapil Sharma sister wedding
- He is one of the few comedians in India to be on the Forbes list of the most powerful and wealthy people.
- Legendary Yash Raj Films was putting him on the map in the movie business, but the project stopped all of a sudden.
- He is said to be dating Preeti Simoes, whom he met on the set of “Comedy Circus.” She is now the creative director of “The Kapil Sharma Show.”
- He once told everyone that his ex-girlfriend, who worked with him in a theater, was now married to the owner of a Gujarati store in London. He met her by chance a few months ago in London.
- He hits with his left hand.
- In April 2018, he filed an F.I.R. against the editor of Spotboye, Vicky Lalvani, and Neeti and Preeti Simoes, saying that they had hurt his reputation. In response, Lalwani sent Kapil Sharma an audio recording of what he said was his phone conversation with him.
Kapil Sharma Love Life
After a short relationship with creative director Preeti Simoes, he began dating comedian and actress Ginni Chatrath. In 2013, the two got engaged. They were first seen together on the set of a reality comedy show called “Hans Baliye.”
Kapil Sharma and Ginni Chatrath got married in Jalandhar, Punjab, on December 12, 2018. They have two children together: a girl born in December 2019 and a boy born on February 1, 2021.