Dharm Singh Deol is a prominent figure in the Deol family tree, known for his contributions to Indian cinema and politics.
Dharm Singh Deol aka Dharmendra was a multi-talented personality who contributed to Indian politics and cinema.
He was a dedicated public servant who worked tirelessly to improve the lives of people in his constituency.
His contribution to Indian cinema as a actor will always be remembered, and his family continues to carry on his legacy in the Indian film industry.
Also Read: Lionel Messi: FAMILY TREE, Married Life, Children, Childhood And Net Worth (2023)
Dharmendra: The Legendary “He-Man” of Bollywood
Dharmendra, born on 8th December 1935, is a renowned Indian actor, producer, and politician who has made his mark in the Hindi film industry.wikipedia
He has also acted in a few Punjabi films, showcasing his versatility as an actor.
Known as the first “He-Man” of Bollywood, Dharmendra has an impressive filmography of over 300 films spanning a career of six decades. He is one of the most successful actors in the history of Hindi cinema.
Apart from his successful acting career, Dharmendra has also dabbled in politics.
He was a member of the 15th Lok Sabha of India, representing Bikaner constituency in Rajasthan from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). His political career highlights his commitment to serving the people of India.
Dharmendra: Family Members
|Father||Kewal Kishan Singh Deol (Government School Teacher)|
|Brother(s)||Ajit Singh Deol|
|Wife||Parkash Kaur (m.1954) & Hema Malini (m.1980)|
|Son||Sunny Deol (Ajay Singh Deol), Bobby Deol (Vijay Singh Deol) – Both from first wife|
|Daughter||Vijeeta Deol and Ajeeta Deol (from 1st wife), Esha Deol and Ahana Deol (from 2nd wife)|
Dharmendra’s Family Background and Personal Life
Dharmendra, a renowned Bollywood actor, was born into a Jat Sikh Family in Ludhiana, Punjab.wikibio
His father, Kewal Kishan Singh Deol, worked as a government school teacher, while his mother was named Satwant Kaur. Dharmendra has a younger brother named Ajit Singh Deol.
Marriage and Children
At the young age of 19, in 1954, Dharmendra got married to Prakash Kaur. Together, the couple had two sons, Sunny Deol (real name Ajay Singh Deol) and Bobby Deol (real name Vijay Singh Deol), as well as two daughters, Vijeeta Deol and Ajeeta Deol.
In the 1960s, Dharmendra was rumored to have a romantic relationship with actress Meena Kumari, who supposedly helped him to become an A-list Bollywood actor.
However, in the 1970s, Dharmendra fell in love with Hema Malini, his co-star on the film “Sholay.” He was so smitten with her that he reportedly bribed the light boys to create as many retakes as possible during intimate scenes in the movie.
Eventually, Dharmendra and Hema Malini got married, despite the fact that he was still legally married to Prakash Kaur.
Second Marriage and Children
When Prakash Kaur refused to divorce him, Dharmendra converted to Islam and married Hema Malini in 1980. The couple has two daughters together, Esha Deol and Ahana Deol.
Also Read: Asha Bhosle: FAMILY TREE, Married Life, Achievements, Career, Early Life And More
Dharmendra: Personal Information
|Full Name / Real Name||Dharam Singh Deol|
|Nickname||Dharam, Garam Dharam, He-Man of Bollywood|
|Profession||Actor, Producer and Former Politician|
|Date of Birth||08 December, 1935|
|Birthplace||Sahnewal, Punjab , British India|
Dharmendra: Where Are His 6 Children?
He is a well-known actor in Bollywood and the eldest son of legendary actor Dharmendra.news18
Born on October 19, 1956, in Ludhiana, Sunny has made his mark in the Indian film industry with his exceptional acting skills.
However, there is more to the Deol family than just Sunny and his father.
Sunny Deol’s wife, Pooja Deol, is a private person and prefers to stay away from the limelight.
The couple has two sons, Karan and Rajveer. Karan made his Bollywood debut in the movie Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas.
View this post on Instagram
He is also an actor and married his childhood friend, Tanya Ahuja. Bobby and Tanya have two sons, Aryaman and Dharam. Tanya is a successful businesswoman.
Ajita and Vijeta Deol
Thet follow in their mother Prakash Kaur’s footsteps and prefer to stay away from the public eye.
Even at family functions, they avoid the camera. According to sources, both sisters have now moved to California.
Esha Deol, Sunny’s half-sister, was born on November 2, 1982. She made her Bollywood debut in the movie Koi Mere Dil Se Poochhe in 2002.
Esha tied the knot with businessman Bharat Takhtani on July 29, 2012. The couple has two children together.
Esha’s younger sister, was born on July 28, 1985. Ahana is a trained Odissi dancer and has also worked as an assistant director. In 2014, she married businessman Vaibhav Kumar.
Dharmendra: Interesting Facts
- Dharmendra was born on December 8, 1935, in Nasrali, Punjab, British India (now in Pakistan) as Dharam Singh Deol.
- He made his debut in the Hindi film industry in 1960 with the film Dil Bhi Tera Hum Bhi Tere.
- Dharmendra has acted in films in different languages, including Hindi, Punjabi, and Bhojpuri.
- He was awarded the Padma Bhushan, the third-highest civilian award in India, in 2012 for his contribution to Indian cinema.
- Dharmendra is also a successful film producer and has produced many hit films, including Ghayal, which won the National Film Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment in 1991.
- He is married to actress Hema Malini and has two daughters, Esha Deol and Ahana Deol.
- Dharmendra was a trendsetter in the 1970s and 1980s and was known for his style statement, especially his unique hairstyle and dressing sense.
- He has worked with many leading actresses of his time, including Saira Banu, Sharmila Tagore, and Zeenat Aman.
- Dharmendra is also a philanthropist and has contributed to various causes, including education and healthcare.
- Despite being in his 80s, Dharmendra is still active in the film industry and has recently acted in films like Yamla Pagla Deewana: Phir Se and Apne 2.
Chaudhary Ranjeet Singh….”GHULAAMI” pic.twitter.com/gI3WKNSqsg
— Dharmendra Deol (@aapkadharam) April 24, 2023
Dharmendra’s Contribution to Hindi Cinema
Dharmendra’s contribution to Hindi cinema is immense. He has delivered countless memorable performances and has been a part of many commercially successful films.
Some of his noteworthy performances include his roles in the films Sholay, Chupke Chupke, Satyakam, and Anupama.
He has also won several awards for his work, including the prestigious Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award in 1997.
His dedication to his craft and his ability to connect with his audience have made him a legend in the Hindi film industry.
Dharmendra has been recognized for his contributions to Indian cinema and society. In 2012, he was awarded India’s third-highest civilian honour, the Padma Bhushan, by the Government of India.
This award is a testament to his hard work, dedication, and talent. In 2021, he had the pleasure of meeting his biggest fan, Mr. Manoj Kumar Chanderwal, at Indian Idol.
Dharmendra: Career Details
- Dharmendra, a young and handsome actor with a passion for show business, won the prestigious ‘Filmfare’ new talent award, which fueled his desire to pursue an acting career.thefamouspeople
- In 1960, he made his debut with Arjun Hingorani’s ‘Dil Bhi Tera Hum Bhi Tere’ and quickly landed romantic roles in several films between 1960 and 1967, including ‘Soorat Aur Seerat’ (1962), ‘Anpadh’ (1962), ‘Bandini’ (1963), ‘Dil Ne Phir Yaad Kiya’ (1966), and ‘Dulhan Ek Raat Ki’ (1967).
- The 1960s also marked Dharmendra’s emergence as an action hero. In 1966, he starred in his first action film, ‘Phool Aur Patthar,’ and continued to establish himself in the genre with the success of the 1971 film ‘Mera Gaon Mera Desh.’
- By the mid-1970s, he had become a leading actor in both romance and action films.
- Dharmendra’s on-screen pairing with actress Hema Malini was particularly successful, and they eventually married.
- Together, they starred in many films, including ‘Raja Jani,’ ‘Seeta Aur Geeta,’ ‘Sharafat,’ ‘Naya Zamana,’ and the iconic ‘Sholay,’ in which Dharmendra’s performance as ‘Veeru’ is considered one of his best.
- In the 1980s, Dharmendra ventured into film production, establishing his own production company, ‘Vijayta Films,’ in 1983.
- He launched his son Sunny Deol in the hit movie ‘Betaab’ and produced the critically acclaimed ‘Ghayal’ in 1990, which also starred Sunny. In 1995, he helped launch his younger son Bobby Deol’s career with ‘Barsaat,’ co-starring Twinkle Khanna.
- Although he took a break from acting for a while, Dharmendra returned to the big screen in 2007, playing supporting roles in movies such as ‘Yamla Pagla Deewana’ (2011), ‘Singh Saab The Great’ (2013), ‘Double Di Trouble’ (2014), ‘Second Hand Husband’ (2015), and ‘Yamla Pagla Deewana: Phir Se’ (2018).
- Aside from his successful acting career, Dharmendra is also active in politics.
- He was elected as a Member of Parliament in the 2004 general elections from the Bikaner constituency in Rajasthan on a ‘Bharatiya Janata Party’ ticket.
Who is Dharm Singh Deol?
Dharm Singh Deol, also known as Dharmendra, was a famous Indian actor, producer, and politician who made a significant contribution to the Indian film industry and politics. He was a dedicated public servant who worked hard to improve the lives of people in his constituency.
What was Dharmendra’s contribution to Indian cinema?
Dharmendra was one of the most successful actors in the history of Hindi cinema, with an impressive filmography of over 300 films spanning a career of six decades. He was known as the first “He-Man” of Bollywood and his contribution to Indian cinema as an actor will always be remembered.
What was Dharmendra’s role in politics?
Apart from his successful acting career, Dharmendra was also a member of the 15th Lok Sabha of India, representing the Bikaner constituency in Rajasthan from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). His political career highlights his commitment to serving the people of India.
Who are Dharmendra’s family members?
Dharmendra was born into a Jat Sikh Family in Ludhiana, Punjab. His father, Kewal Kishan Singh Deol, worked as a government school teacher, while his mother was named Satwant Kaur. Dharmendra had a younger brother named Ajit Singh Deol. He had two wives, Prakash Kaur and Hema Malini, and six children – two sons, Sunny Deol and Bobby Deol, and four daughters, Vijeeta Deol, Ajeeta Deol, Esha Deol, and Ahana Deol.
What are the names of Dharmendra’s children and their professions?
Dharmendra’s children are Sunny Deol, Bobby Deol, Vijeeta Deol, Ajeeta Deol, Esha Deol, and Ahana Deol. Sunny Deol and Bobby Deol are both actors in Bollywood. Vijeeta Deol and Ajeeta Deol are not in the film industry. Esha Deol and Ahana Deol are also actresses in Bollywood.
Read More: Alia Bhatt Family Tree: The Fascinating Story Behind One of Bollywood Most Iconic Families