Amit Shah is a well-known political leader in India who has served as the Home Minister of India since 2019.
His family tree, bio, and career are subjects of interest to many people. In this article, we will explore Amit Shah’s family background, his personal and professional life, and his rise to prominence in Indian politics.
Amit Shah was born on October 22, 1964, in Mumbai, India.
His family hailed from the state of Gujarat, where they were involved in the textile industry.
Amit Shah’s rise to prominence in Indian politics has been nothing short of meteoric. From a humble beginning as a member of the RSS, he has gone on to become one of the most powerful politicians in India.
Amit Shah: Who Is He? Bio Explored
Hailing from a Gujarati Hindu family belonging to the Baniya caste, his great-grandfather was the Nagarseth of Mansa, a small state in India.
His father, Anil Chandra Shah, was a successful businessman in the PVC pipe industry in Mansa.
Early Life and Education
Shah received his early education in Mehsana before moving to Ahmedabad to pursue biochemistry at CU Shah Science College.
He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in biochemistry and then joined his father’s business. Shah also worked as a stockbroker and in co-operative banks in Ahmedabad.
Shah has been associated with the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) since his childhood and participated in neighbourhood shakhas as a boy.
During his college days in Ahmedabad, he formally became an RSS swayamsevak (volunteer). It was during this time that he met Narendra Modi, who was working as an RSS pracharak in charge of youth activities in the city.
Shah’s political career began when he joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in 1986. He initially worked as a booth-level worker, organizing events and helping with campaigns.
His rise through the ranks was meteoric, and he quickly became known for his organizational skills and strategic thinking.
View this post on Instagram
Amit Shah: Personal Information
Born: 22 October, 1964
Place of Birth: Mumbai (Maharashtra)
Father’s Name: Amit Anil Chandra Shah
Mother’s Name: Shrimati Kusumben Shah
Spouse’s Name: Sonalben Shah
Spouse’s Profession: Social Worker
Profession: Agricultural, Political and Social Worker
Party Name: Bharatiya Janata Party
Children: Jay Shah son
Amit Shah: Family, Caste And Wife
Amit Shah comes from a Hindu Vaishnav family and is a Gujarati Baniya. His father, Anilchandra Shah, was a businessman from Mansa in Gujarat, while his mother, Kusumben Shah, was a homemaker. He has a sister named Aarthi Shah.
Earlier, there was confusion regarding Amit Shah’s caste, and many media persons and politicians claimed that he was a Jain.
However, he clarified the matter in a press conference held in Mumbai on 6 April 2018. He revealed that he belongs to a Hindu Vaishnav family and not a Jain.
Amit Shah is married to Sonal Shah, and the couple has a son named Jay Shah.
Jay Shah is a businessman and is married to Rishita Patel.
Sonal Shah, who keeps a low profile, is known to be a supportive wife and a loving mother.
Jay Amit Shah: Indian Entrepreneur and BCCI Secretary
Jay Amit Shah is a prominent Indian entrepreneur and the secretary of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). With a Bachelor of Technology degree from Nirma University, Shah has carved a successful career path for himself in the world of business and sports.
Under the guidance of his coach, Jayendra Sehgal, Shah received training in cricket during his time in Ahmedabad. He developed his skills as a batsman and was considered an adequate player by Sehgal.
Temple Enterprise and Other Business Ventures
Shah’s business ventures began when he became a director of Temple Enterprise, an agricultural commerce company established in 2004.
He has also served as an executive board member of the Central Board of Cricket in Ahmedabad since 2009.
In September 2013, Shah was appointed as the joint secretary of the Gujarat Cricket Association (GCA), marking a significant milestone in his career. He continued to excel in the world of cricket and business, gaining recognition for his contributions.
View this post on Instagram
In February 2015, Shah married Rishita Patel, a college friend, in a traditional Gujarati ceremony.
His wedding was attended by several high-profile guests, including Narendra Modi, the Prime Minister of India.
In 2019, Shah was elected as the secretary of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) for a one-and-a-half-year term. At the age of 30, he was the youngest among the five office bearers of the BCCI.
Amit Shah: His Journey to Becoming BJP’s National President
- Amit Shah’s political career started gaining momentum when he registered a huge victory in the 2002 Gujarat Legislative Assembly Elections from the Sarkhej assembly segment.elections
- This victory made him a key player in the state’s politics. As a result, he was given several ministerial portfolios in the Narendra Modi government.
- Together, Modi and Shah managed to sideline their political rivals.
- Amit Shah was instrumental in passing the Gujarat Control of Organised Crime (GCOC) Bill in the state assembly after the central government repealed the Prevention of Terror Acts (POTA) law in 2004.
- He also played a crucial role in passing the Gujarat Freedom of Religion Act, which aimed to make religious conversions more difficult.
- His political career received a major boost when the BJP won the 2014 Indian General Elections and Narendra Modi became the Prime Minister of India.
- Shah’s influence within the party increased, and he was appointed as the in-charge for Uttar Pradesh by then party president Rajnath Singh. He later became the party’s General Secretary.
- Under Shah’s supervision, the BJP performed exceptionally well in Uttar Pradesh, winning 73 out of 80 parliamentary seats in the state. His strategic and organisational abilities were praised by the party high command.
- In July 2014, Amit Shah was unanimously appointed as the BJP’s national president, replacing veteran party leader Rajnath Singh. He was re-elected to the post in January 2016.
- Amit Shah’s contribution to the BJP’s rise to power cannot be understated. His strategic abilities and organisational skills have been pivotal in the party’s electoral victories.
- As the BJP’s national president, Amit Shah has continued to work tirelessly towards strengthening the party’s base across the country.
— Amit Shah (@AmitShah) April 30, 2023
Amit Shah: Interesting Facts To Know
- Early Life and Education: Amit Shah was born on October 22, 1964, in Mumbai, India. He completed his schooling at Mehsana District and later pursued his graduation in biochemistry from C.U. Shah Science College in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- Political Journey: Amit Shah started his political career as a member of the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) in 1983. He joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in 1986 and rose through the ranks to become the president of the BJP’s Gujarat unit in 2013.
- Gujarat Elections: Amit Shah was instrumental in leading the BJP to victory in the Gujarat Assembly elections in 2012 and 2017. He also played a crucial role in the party’s win in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
- Home Minister of India: Amit Shah was appointed as the Minister of Home Affairs in the second term of the Narendra Modi-led government in 2019. He is considered one of the most powerful politicians in India.
- Criminal Charges: Amit Shah has been embroiled in several controversies and criminal cases over the years. He was arrested in 2010 in connection with the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case, but was later acquitted in 2014.
- Personal Life: Amit Shah is married to Sonal Shah, and the couple has a son, Jay Shah. Jay Shah is also involved in politics and is currently the secretary of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
- Political Strategy: Amit Shah is known for his excellent political strategy and organization skills. He is credited with building a strong party machinery in Gujarat, which helped the BJP win elections.
- Record-breaking Win: Amit Shah created history in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections by winning the Gandhinagar seat by a record margin of over 5 lakh votes.
- Cricket Enthusiast: Amit Shah is a cricket enthusiast and has been associated with the game for many years. He was the president of the Gujarat Cricket Association from 2014 to 2016.
- Social Media Presence: Amit Shah has a strong social media presence with millions of followers on Twitter and Facebook. He regularly posts updates on his official handles and interacts with his followers.
Who is Amit Shah?
Amit Shah is a prominent Indian politician who has been serving as the Home Minister of India since 2019.
What is Amit Shah’s educational background?
Amit Shah received his early education in Mehsana before moving to Ahmedabad to pursue biochemistry at CU Shah Science College.
What is Amit Shah’s political background?
Amit Shah has been associated with the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) since his childhood and participated in neighbourhood shakhas as a boy.
What is Amit Shah’s family background?
Amit Shah comes from a Gujarati Hindu family belonging to the Baniya caste. His great-grandfather was the Nagarseth of Mansa, a small state in India. His father, Anil Chandra Shah, was a successful businessman in the PVC pipe industry in Mansa. He is married to Sonal Shah, and the couple has a son named Jay Shah.
What are some of Amit Shah’s business ventures?
Amit Shah has been a director of Temple Enterprise, an agricultural commerce company established in 2004. He has also served as an executive board member of the Central Board of Cricket in Ahmedabad since 2009. In September 2013, Shah was appointed as the joint secretary of the Gujarat Cricket Association (GCA). His son, Jay Amit Shah, is a businessman and the secretary of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).